Make sure all enterprise managers can access reports filtering menu

What is the need / problem

Some enterprise users, when clicking on “reports” and then clicking on a specific report they would like to access, don’t even manage to reach the given report page as they experience a timeout (too many data loaded).

Who does it impact

Some users (no data but we know it happens as soon as the users starts to have quite a lot of data)

What is the current impact of this problem

Some users can’t access the given report page (breaks before the filtering menu is shown because too much data)

What is the benefit in focusing on this

Enable at list users to access the given report page so that they can then filter and hopefully get the data they need.

Links to more details

NA

Potential solutions that will solve this problem

We did a value/ease matrix in Aus Dec17 and selected as our feature candidate to solve this problem:
“Remove page timeouts by not loading report info until filters are set”
That will not solve all the performance issue people exprience on timeout (this is a separate icebox issue “Improve reports performance”)
report_image

Epic: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/2210

As a super admin I hit again cases where I can’t reach the report page even before filtering. So I’m not sure the problem is really solved… it has been partially solved with removing filters but implementing this solution apparently has not solved the issue for super admins. We had no complain from enterprises managers so I guess they are ok… so in that sense we can say it’s done.