Link from Order Confirmation to enterprises' own website

What is the need / problem ?

Enterprise users want their customers to feel like they are shopping with them, even when they are using OFN. This is one of the reasons we tried to do embedded shopfronts, but we aren’t able to continue supporting that particular feature.

To have a more end-to-end customer journey when customers are being sent from enterprises’ own websites to the OFN shop, we could try to make it more likely that they go back to the website at the completion of their order.

Who does it impact ?

Enterprise users missing a chance to communicate with their customers

What is the current impact of the problem ?

May resist using OFN because they don’t want to send customers away from their websites and not be able to get them back

What is the benefit of focusing on this ?

Alleviate pain of no longer supporting embedded shops

Potential solutions that will solve the problem ?

1. Use buttons at the bottom of Order Confirmation page
  • text on first button changed to “Return to XX shop”
  • 2nd button on the right “XX (Enterprise name) Home”
  1. Have the contact panel default to open on Order Confirmation page, so that the website is there

2. Banner / button at the top of the Order Confirmation page?

• could be like the shop preferences banner with text
  • or their banner image, but clickable, and goes to their website

Selection of a feature candidate

[value x ease matric if needed]

T-shirt size of our selected feature candidate

Metrics to measure if need is satisfied after feature is implemented

Feature owners

Epic/projet where you can follow implementation

Connected wishlist and discovery discussions*

[list precedent discussions]

1 Like

I like it.
So a user might put the link to their shop on their website (vs embedding the shop) and then the customer could opt to head back to the user’s website. Seems a good option.I’d vote for it - whenever we are voting again.

1 Like

@Kirsten I like option 1, but I think that we need to mix it with something like option 3 as the buttons might not be seen at the bottom of the page. Or we replicate them at the top? The clickable banner is a nice option as well.

What I like about this solution is that it reminds me a lot of some payments interface I see on other e-commerce websites: I’m redirected on the payment screen, when I’ve paid I have a confirmation page with a big button “go back to the store”.

The only thing I’m afraid of is that people will wander around OFN main menu… I wonder if we should hide it :thinking: Indeed, looking at Matomo I see for example that nobody is visiting /shops unless they just did an order…

On a side note we need to make a plan on how to de-activated the current non working embedded shops to prevent any future use.
That would solve also my current problem of having an embedded view each time I logout of OFN France :smiley: (which I guess happens to all our users using embedded shops).

I would use buttons and an optional banner.

The buttons could be named:

• Continue shopping (going back to the same shop front on OFN)
  • Go to Enterprise Name

And the banner at the top can be edited as they like, including multiple links.

What’s the size requirement of a papercut again? I reckon that we can implement both of these features within a few hours.

Moved to Link from Order Confirmation to enterprises' own website · Issue #59 · openfoodfoundation/wishlist · GitHub