Internationalisation project notes

we can also go with using one of these symbols as a base and adding a check mark or an X on it to show open versus closed … on either the basket or cart for example.

I find the shopping cart easier to recognise than the basket. What about a clock instead of an X?

Hi Myriam, the TODO bits on the signup page are all customisable through the admin interface.

I also updated staging1 with your latest translations. Can you find any more issues? If not, should we go ahead with the Norwegian version?

Yes, I like the shopping cart also @CynthiaReynolds , and I like your suggestion @maikel … and maybe we could have it in grey with a clock on it when the shop is closed, and in red without the clock when the shop is open? We should probably try and see what is the user experience :wink:

Where do I edit them in the admin panel? the “Newsletter signup” and "Calendar"words need to be translated (not only the links behind them ;-)) And for the “à propos” I saw it’s in “content” in the admin panel. I guess it’s the same link for the upper menu and the bottom one.

Also where do I put the good URL below the small banners “Interesting in selling food on the Open Food Network? Start here” (there are two of them in the welcome page, for the moment it redirects to the general OFN website, I would like it to redirect to the same page as the producer & hub signup). Is there somewhere to customize it?

I just reviewed all the bugs I had listed, and most of them are solved, but there remains some:

• some of the modifications I had done in Transifex have not been taken into account. For example in the signup screen, I had change “confirmer mot de passe” by “confirmez votre mot de passe”, and I checked it’s still that in Transifex but the modification is not visible on the platform. There are 3 cases like that, things that I had changed in Transifex which are still dislaying the old version. Do you want me to list them? I guess it’s only a problem in the Transifex integration as they are well translated in Transifex… Also I corrected 3/4 new misspellings on my side in Transifex (I guess they will show up at the next integration).
  • Also on the checkout page, the “payment” information section is still displaying the same as the second one “informations de facturation” (billing info)… I guess that’s not the good string it refers to still :wink:

Let me know if you need more details

Hi!

Where do I edit them in the admin panel?

In the admin panel under Configuration/Content are a lot of text input fields. There are the signup text blocks and also the footer information. You have to scroll further down. The caption is “LIENS”.

Also where do I put the good URL below the small banners "Interesting in selling food on the Open Food Network?

Sorry, my mistake. That is not configurable in the current version. We have a code change in the pipeline that will link that to the registration page.

some of the modifications I had done in Transifex have not been taken into account.

Okay, it seems like we had to do an extra step when deploying a new language file. But that should be solved now.

the checkout page, the “payment” information section is still displaying the same as the second one

That should be updated as well.

Awesome @maikel ! I think I can say that is great for the French part :slight_smile: Let’s switch to the Norwegian with @sigmundpetersen and @CynthiaReynolds!
Just a general question: if we realize later we want to change a translation, we can be independant and do it in Transifex, and can we integrate ourselves the new version of translation when we upgrade or are we dependent from a manipulation from your side?
Would be great to be able to be independant on that :wink:
Thanks again for the great job!!!
Ping @marito59 @Selmo @gnollet @lisekvan for information, French translation is done, juste waiting for the next release to do the upgrade :slight_smile:

Good to hear that you are happy with the current version.

What you need to be independent:

• You need to download your modified language file from Transifex. I’m not sure if that option is visible to you. Maybe I need to give someone administrative rights. Can you find a way to download the file?
  • You need to create your own branch of the OFN. Sigmund can do that on his local computer or you fork on GitHub. The branch should be based on the version that is on the server at the moment (git checkout production/master -b language-update). Commit your language file to that branch.
  • Last, just deploy the branch with your latest language file to the server. Sigmund knows how that works (git push production HEAD:master).

I deployed the latest Norwegian version on https://staging1.openfood.com.au/.

But the Norwegian translation misses seven strings. They have been added in the process of bugfixing the French version.

Thanks @maikel :slight_smile: I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to see it in norwegian!
I have now translated the last 7 strings, @sigmundpetersen if you could review them that would be fantastic.

@maikel the deployment of file to Github and server can be automated with Transifex integrations.

Put it on the wish list :slight_smile:

I saw the integration part. But we need to install custom scripts on one of our servers to make that work. We should look at that once the i18n branch is stable and has been merged to master.

Great stuff! @maikel do you have any idea when the merging is planned to happen?

@sigmundpetersen The latest Norwegian version is on staging1. Did you have a look if everything is alright?

Are we all happy with the internationalisation? If yes, we can plan to merge this. :slight_smile:

Everything good @maikel! Go ahead with the merge.

Are there any additional info I need when upgrading to 1.3 (when it’s ready) or should it be the same procedure as last time?

Merged.

It should work the same as last time. Changing the language on the server is described in the ofn deployment wiki.

There is also a change of the Ruby version. But Rohan installed the newest version of Ruby on your server already. Other teams can use a new Ansible script Rohan wrote.

@maikel - I understood on the last global hangout that v1.3 was being released within days. Do we have a date for that? Ideally the norwegian instance will move to v1.3 and norwegian at the same time - hoping to save @sigmundpetersen doing the job twice :wink:
EDIT: the question was just answered here : What's New - v1.3 (151218)

Hi Cynthia,

We are going to run some more tests tomorrow. Best case, we can do the release then. But since there are a lot of changes, it might happen next week, not sure.

Once we released v1.3, you probably want to check Transifex and translate the latest changes. We can do a new version 1.3.1 including translations. Sigmund can then deploy that to the server.

1 Like

Ping @marito59 and @gnollet about the server language, in case you have not seen it already :slight_smile:

@maikel I see that you have added 3 strings, among them "included tax’ and “remove tax”, just for me to translate them well in French, do they relate to VAT in the check out? where do those strings appear? It this idea of those string to enable a customer to show the amount including or excluding VAT (if they are into a VAT scheme or not to see the cost for them, am I right?) Thanks :wink: