Imput Open Batra

I try, this is my first test. Hope that you can add arguments. @Rachel @NickWeir @kristinalim

What is the need / problem ?

Source information of the products

Who does it impact ?

The combination of Trustbox and Open Batra database. This is a combination of GS1 and Open Food Fact standart.

The mainspring of Open Batra is to give for free the 12 legal and mandatory informations to the customers linked to the europeen reglement INCO 1169/2011. This 12 informations are mandatory to sell product to school, collectivity…

Open Batra take information in TrustBox to adapt the visibility of this 12 informations (for exemple : beer dupont) and propose an open source system for product that we coun’t find in Trustbox, in supermarket (For exemple : Product of coprosain, a smal cooperative).

An exemple of Oxfam product.

What is the current impact of the problem ?

 Sovereignty
Open Batra will give the habit of the customer to not the barre code on a research engine and to assure that de first result is on the website of the producer and not the distributor.
For exemple, if you clic this code barre : 5410702000010, your first result is the website of Brasserie Dupont.

 Open source
Open Batra observed that all the code barre started with 02XXXXXXXXXXX are open source. You use this kind of number when you weigh yours fruits, you creat a barre code in a supermarket started allways by 02XXXXXXXXXXX.

What is the benefit of focusing on this ?

For open food network, it should be extraordinary to import product from sourcing information like, from open batra and trustbox in our product standart.

So, producers will be completly owner of thiers data products and they can chose with software they want to sell thiers products.

Potential solutions that will solve the problem ?

[brainstorming to list feature candidates]

To add a button in the Import fonctionality where we can import data from open batra and Trustbox.

Selection of a feature candidate

[value x ease matric if needed]

???(help me to write what I have to write)

T-shirt size of our selected feature candidate

??? (help me to write what I have to write)

Metrics to measure if need is satisfied after feature is implemented

Feature owners

Open Batra and Open Food Network foundation ?
@Theodore

Epic/projet where you can follow implementation

Connected wishlist and discovery discussions*

[list precedent discussions]

https://batra.be/accueil-batra/index.html

Hello @Theodore thanks for posting here.

Can you detail a bit more what you want to do?

I understand that you want to be able to import data from those databases. This is already possible via the product import I guess?

If you want to do it automatically, then the easiest will be to ask Open Batra to provide an API that follows the DFC standard.

In this scenario there is nothing more to do on the OFN side than completely implement the DFC standard. We won’t do developments that are specific to one particular data provider. It would be too expensive for OFN.

Hello,

Open Batra allows you to obtain product information based on a unique format the gitin (identifier).
Its data will be accessible by a web request containing this product identifier such as this one: https://openbatra.firebaseio.com/products/11111.json

We need the format of the standard created by DFC.
So there will be no development to do for DFC.

This is currently being assed both on DFC and OFN side.

I will open corresponding issues once we have reached a consensus.