Improve OC reports UX to avoid annoying mistake causing wrong deliveries

What is the need / problem

Mary has an order cycle between two months (from 24th month X till 5th X+1). When the OC closes she wants to extract the orders information to make the global orders to Fred. The default start date is “1st X+1”, she doesn’t pay attention and filter only with the OC, and send those information to the producers. All the orders before 1st X+1 are not delivered, customers are angry.

Who does it impact

• Mary, Fred and Shannon because they don’t delivered what was ordered and are very embarrassed !
  • Jane because she didn’t get what she ordered

What is the current impact of this problem

• Hub looses customers: customers are angry and might not buy again
  • Difficult customer relationship situation to manage

What is the benefit in focusing on this

• Avoid annoying and easy mistakes that have very annoying consequences for hubs

Links to more details

Potential solutions that will solve this problem

I noticed this while testing too. I set up a cycle that ran from the 26th of one month, into the 3rd of the next … went to reports, and selected the ORDER CYCLE and not the dates. Got confused when I saw no data. Then I set the dates AND chose an OC … saw the report.

I think some of this issue could be solved by ignoring the date fields if an OC is selected from the drop-down list. My initial assumption was that choosing an OC would supersede the date selections, but it did not.

@CLFC what you report seems like a bug to me. We can close that icebox item as now that we have removed default date filters from reports the error prone filter on dates is not here anymore. Do you want to open the issue on Github? It is a s3 bug to me, prone to error. I can’t reproduce it as we are still on a previous version of the code in France so I still have the default start date in reports. Thanks! Tell me if any difficulty, else I will do it but later :wink:

I’m not sure where to report that on Github, but I’ll poke around and see if I can figure it out.

Actually, just ran some reports again, and it seems the start/end date issue has been fixed for OFN-Canada. It’s pulling the right reports based solely on the selected OC now. :slight_smile:

Hey @MyriamBoure the potential solution was to do the reports changes that maikel finished earlier this year. Did that fix the problem? Can this be closed now or does it need to be updated?

Yes this has been fixed, closing it now.