The purpose of the thread is to create and update a unique document summarising our vision and missions acknowledged as key by all stakeholders part of the OFN. This document is intended to support the global fundraising strategy to finance the development of OFN at a global stage. This process will participate in our objective to be a single and cohesive unit.
We invite all stakeholders interested in this process to share :
- any document that describes the missions, vision and perpectives of OFN according to you;
- any document gathering elements concerning past, current and future activities of OFN at local and global levels from social, environmental and economic perspectives;
- any document with relevant user testimonies to support the relevance of OFN;
- a list of the main impact indicators we could use at a global stage to present our social, environmental and economic impacts;
- a list of the main actors which could be part of this process (at least one person per local entity of OFN, main partners and other individuals from comparable networks).
Steps of proposed project management :
1- To gather existing documents from all the local entities of OFN regarding: past activity, legal structuring, business model, impact indicators, planned development, local development strategies, list of stakeholders;
2- If needed, to issue a specific survey intended to consolidate this information based on common indicators and approaches;
3- To consolidate the data collected through the survey;
4- If needed, to conduct additional interviews to gather missing information once the steps above are completed;
5- To issue a report describing the consolidated data as well as existing (convergent and divergent) approaches to the project;
6- To issue a common document which could serve as a basis for grant proposal applications.
LIST OF EXISTING DOCUMENTS
1- Image of Barcelona session facilitated by @lin_d_hop on the topic
2- Previous attempt of global reporting (we didn’t manage to maintain it) : OFN international dashboard
3- Elevator pitch we built in Barcelona
4-Other whiteboard from global gathering on fundraising strategy (not very helpful maybe…)
5- Video summing up Barcelona gathering with important images that I don’t find anymore on the drive (final version of elevator pitch, the 4 areas the OFN works on, etc.)
6- Global community pledge
7- On planned developments we are still figuring out how to organize that properly, lots of attempts the last months. You can see the TOP10 list from Barcelona but it moves more or less in time, not static. We don’t have yet a single and clear point of truth about current state of priorization for inception and pipeline, WIP. We know that we need somehow to differentiate global priorities on what we want to dedicate time to incept next, and what we want to prioritize next, and we want to use voting processes for that (see wishlist - can vote category in this forum).
Local business models and funding applications docs
- Funding application that made use raise 80K in 2017-2018, renewed for 100K in 2018-2019.
- Last version of pricing model, and associated business model (from 26 dec 2018)
- Work we did on the “reason for being of Open Food France and the cooperative” (vision, context, mission, objectives, activities) (in French sorry, but might help with the narrative at some point)
- Legal structuring reflexion (see slide 34)
- List of stakeholders in France (see first image)
- General assembly of OFFrance from last year with “activity report” and “financial report”
- Some work we started to do on impact evaluation in France (but didn’t finish, paused)
- French local dev strategy in two words : create the coop and recruit community builder / communication person + keep on building our offer like UK did to fit local needs