What is the purpose of this session?
- Clear pathways for global governance and coordination
- Agreement on some key actions
NB. Very tight facilitation in this session to keep ourselves tool agnostic throughout
Who is facilitating? Kirsten
Who is scribing? Gen
What outcomes/deliverables do we want?
- 45 mins Circles Pt 2: Agreement on next steps for implementation of revised Circles structure for decision-making and information flow
- 45 mins Discussions & Proposals: very rough draft run . .
- 30 mins Overview of Forthcoming Sessions: can we see potential cohesion in discussions
We spent the majority of the session working on the circles. Kirsten took the draft circles and sub-circles we identified in Session One in the Miro board and translated them into the below table. We then collaboratively edited this table, adding more detail on the purpose, functioning and membership of each circle, and using comments to indicate open questions. Our subsequent discussion highlighted some open questions and potential changes to the circle structure elaborated so far.
We then spent some time brainstorming and discussing information flows between circles. We identified some principles that are important to us (e.g. defaulting to open), as well as potential ways of realizing these principles (e.g. dedicated communicator roles), and ways in which our current information flows are not functioning optimally (e.g. global monthly catch-up).
As these first steps took quite a while, we then decided to skip the draft run exercise, where we would have attempted a “Coordination Circle” meeting, assigning Action Items surfaced during the Global Gathering to specific circles.
Instead we spent some time identifying open questions that we have yet to answer. We then tried to identify upcoming sessions during the Global Gathering where these questions might be addressed further.
- Rachel will take the lead on a decision-making discussion
- We will establish coordination circle
See Google Doc