Greetings OFN Community!
My name is Shannon and im working with a Non Profit developing a farm project in the Northern California region and we are looking to integrate the Open Food Network platform into our community and become a producer and a hub of farms looking to distribute food to the local surrounding community.
We are also developing with farmOS to use there farm management wares as our daily operational platform for tracking all farm tasks, operations and any farm related process.
We are very happy with farmOS and the development community is stellar and very active.
One our main goals is to see how we can integrate OFN with FarmOS so we can track all assets in farmOS that would be ready to go to market via OFN.
There is discussions currently about getting started on some kind of integration.
Here is the most recent topic on the table.
These are the development topics of interest we are looking at:
Develop a “farm2foodnetwork” module for farmOS (drupal) (*what data sets to share?)
- Ability to have a farmOS profile on OFN as Provider etc
- Ability to push asset ”product” thru movement till it goes to OFN store
- Ability to push assets to OFN inventory and categorize each desired asset as a network store product with in farmOS.
- Ability to track and trace product from start to market and the ability to tag it at each stage.
- Push items to network store from farmOS directly when ready.
- Integrate crop production plan with ofn product availability.
- OAuth to connect the accounts?
Would love to know if this has been looked at before and what the possibilities are?
Love to see these 2 platforms working together. Seems like a natural fit for an OpenAgtech solution for farm management all the way to local market.
Any feedback and or insight would greatly welcomed!