The suggestion is that we open up the conversation here on Discourse to see how shall we move forward with: logistics and agenda (w/ key topics of discussion and some time to get to know each other and leave the stress behind)
Logistics for such gathering:
- how many people would like to join?
- what facilities do we need?
Agenda (you will find a draft below):
Topics of discussion
Developing an European umbrella OFN
scenario 1 - joining another umbrella organization (eg.: Urgency and/or Ripess)
scenario 2 - we all become associated members of one EU instance, and start a working group within that instance targeting specifically joint initiatives with the other instances in the continent
scenario 3 - we set up a new organization from scratch OFN Europe.
What will this future umbrella org. do, that we cannot do at this point? what is it for?
- to access funding (more funding and faster)
- to access needed training for all
- to pool our resources together in initiatives that have a collective benefit (these can be tech related but others as well)
How can we strengthen the support to the Global network
- allocating staff time to global
- allocating budget to global
time to get to know each other and leave stress behind
day 1 - hiking (suggested by @jibees)
day 2 - ?
day 3 - ?
Please let us know what you think about this? how you think this should proceed? what are we missing? what should we change? and also tag others you believe could be interested?