What is the need / problem
- Mary and Shannon need to know the status of a given order, in order to launch the relevant operations at the good moment in the order delivery process. Especially, by law, the ownership of a product changes hands only when it has been received by the buyer.
'> Today they cannot capture the fact that an order has been collected/received, so the hub manager cannot easily launch the relevant actions needed (like send invoice for instance)
Who does it impact
All hub managers.
What is the current impact of this problem
- Difficulty for the hub to be law compliant: the invoice should be sent to the customer before the order is collected/received. The hub has no way to track that in OFN today.
- Messy order management for the hub manager, so hub managers don’t use it: most hubs just can’t use OFN to track order status as it is not adapted to their need.
- > hub management unefficiency
What is the benefit in focusing on this
- Hub managers would be able to easily track order status and see in the blink of an eye the orders that have not been collected yet for instance, or collected and not invoiced yet.
- They would easilly be able to do the relevant actions at the good time.
Links to more details
- GH issue with detailled speccing: https://github.com/openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork/issues/1920
Potential solutions that will solve this problem
- create a “collected” status and include the missing steps (see GH issue above describing that solution)