Do we want to propose a session for the OuIShare Fest?

I’ll ask Manuella (the organizer) directly :wink:

Ok @pmackay, so Manuella told me that the fact that we won the award last year was not preventing us from participating to the accelerator, as the purpose and program are different. So if you want to apply, be go ahead! And if you need any help I can help this week-end. Cheers :slightly_smiling:

I’ve been at a conference all weekend so not a lot of time for this. @MyriamBoure would you want to participate in any of the accelerator if you’re there? I’m wondering how much time commitment it would be and if I’d get to do anything else! :slightly_smiling:

The application would have to be from one group. Should it be for OFF, or OFN France or OFN UK?

Is there material from previous applications that could be used? Particularly help with questions like these would be handy:

• Explain your challenge in more detail
  • How can we help you with solving this challenge?
  • What is the challenge you would like to solve during the 3-day acceleration program related to?

Also any key video that can be reused?

@NickWeir @lin_d_hop would welcome your thoughts if you think Accelerator is worth applying to. Has to be done by tomorrow though.

i can help with material and videos from previous applications but dont have time today to pull it together

I too would be curious @pmackay about how much time is used on the accelerator, and how much time we have left to experience the other aspects of the fest. I learned so much last year… and hope to be able to do the same again.
We should definitely be arranging some time together for the OFN group who are attending

@pmackay here is the folder with the application from last year, that was successful :slight_smile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_HDFsX1e_2Vfll5eGZxcEVvVnVVSFRMaGJ1WFhUMm9wbHBTR044czB4R21TVnhUS083WU0

I could potentially be there but not the whole time, maybe half I think!
I think you can apply for Open Food Network and put yourself as the contact person, from UK. Else just put UFN UK? it doesn’t matter :wink:

For the video you can reuse the one from the Award last year :wink: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_HDFsX1e_2VUDRBdlFkUEIybU0
Or the crowdfunding campaing video from Australia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiZqyUzKlFo)

As you want if you want to apply or not, anyway we will do some OFN thing together there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so I will be facilitating the panel discussion on the Open Food Movement for the OuiShare Fest!
We have a 45 min time slot, we can either have 45 min of discussion, or a keynote (12 min) + 30 min discussion.
I was thinking to facilitate a discussion from a pretty broad focus, "From seed to mouth: how open source logics and decentralization can transform our food system for the better"
Because I think it’s important also to speak about the open source seed initiative, crucial when we talk about food sovereignty.
We received some proposal from very interesting people, especially Yellow Seed (decentralized and direct distribution) and WeFarm (P2P support in farming issues), I’m gonna talk with them tomorrow.
But ideally, who would you like to have around the table to debate about the open food movement? Apart from us of course :wink: Please tell me before the end of the week if you have ideas!