Directions and support for setting up OFN Brazil

Dear OFN community,

I’d like to bring up the discussion about setting up an OFN instance in Brazil. I’ve seen that other topics with this goal in mind had come up in the past, but couldn’t see where they lead to…

I’m a biologist with experience and interest in agroecology and food sovereignty. I have worked with family farmers movements in Brazil, specially in Santa Catarina and São Paulo, like Rede Ecovida de Agroecologia (Ecovida) and Landless Workers Movements (MST).

I have contacts with several NGOs and institutions that work with and supports family farming and agroecology in Brazil. I’m willing to re-establish the goal and try to actually set an OFN instance here, which could be lead by Terra Mater, a Piracicaba/SP based NGO that’s been working with agroecology for 18 years. I’d like to hear from you on any development in this regard… and also if you can orient me on necessary steps in the process of creating a national OFN instance.

@Bel_Zanella
@brauliobo
@edushima

Thank you!

Best,
Pedro
ResearchGate
LinkedIn

1 Like

Hey @pedrobm and welcome! Have you seen this post which is quite recent and concerns a Brazilian instance OFN Community Pledge - v1.0 - 1 June 2017 ? Maybe you could get in contact :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @sigmundpetersen!

@Kirsten put me in touch with the people involved in developing the brazilian instance.

@pedrobm it would be great if you could join the ‘Brazil’ channel on Slack here join the OFN Slack channel

@NickWeir this invitation doesn’t work anymore. Can you please supply a new one?

@hugomelo please give me your email address and I will add you. My email is nick@openfoodnetwork.org.uk

The invite link was changed, this should work now: slack invite