1. Current view of the roadmap
Finished since the last meeting
The code review column is very slim. Kudos to everyone especially @maikel
In play - Core Pipe
- Postgres upgrade - investigations still ongoing
- Refactoring Adjustments: @Matt-Yorkley - The last PR was tested but a few bugs remains, they are currently being fixed
- Split Checkout page - Discourse Post here. We decided to take this opportunity to remove AngularJS from the checkout and introduce StimulusJs.This will need to be closely tested.
- Python upgrade made it’s way on things to pick up really soon
- Deprecated Stripe connect - Ready to be picked up
- OFN Styleguide: Tailwind is being introduced. @jibees has started the style-guide and will be picking this up again to do next chunk for product uplift
In-play - Funded pipe
Next step: DFC/OIDC Authentication – it’s working in dev! Couple of things to add before it can be tested on staging
In play - Contributor
- Translation on password changes (Missing translation key for expired token · Issue #5782 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub) worked on by Mathieu. Still in play
2. Next Up
Ready To Go
- Tax Report (@lin_d_hop + @Matt-Yorkley) - Ready to be picked up if we close stuff this week!
- Backoffice UI Uplift - Phase 1 - Paused due to too many priorities
Ready for Inception
There are plenty of potential solutions and the best technical approach needs to be found and will be explored after Adjustments is complete.
- Invoice number system (@Rachel + ?) - waiting for re-inception, but linked to history of invoice changes.
- Improved reporting - We need to think about a general technical approach for this. Tax reporting might be a good a time for this however the overall improved reporting project will be worked on after History of Invoice changes.
Most of the discussion was around our funding strategy and how it impacts the pipe (another discourse post is on the way with more details). Main outcome of the discussion today was that we would start building roadmaps for tech-debt, sys-admin debt, test automation… This meeting would be a good place to talk about them and start following how we balance our pipe.
Also we need to get better at following/measuring how heavy is our maintenance. Some clockify analysis needs to be made.
August is coming and in the past it has happened that we did skipped some releases because of holidays. So far, it’s not looking like this will happen this year. Yet, everyone is kindly reminded to not forget to add their summer/winter holidays in the global calendar
Tuesday 27th July, 7am UTC