1. Current view of the roadmap
Finished since the last meeting
- Python upgrade Turns out no longer needed (see Matts note on last delivery train)
In play - Core Pipe
- Postgres upgrade - investigations still ongoing
- Refactoring Adjustments: @Matt-Yorkley - The next and final PRs are ready for testing. This work is very nearing completion.
- Split Checkout page - Discourse Post here. Consensus on 1st and 2nd step on FE have been found so we are almost done on these steps
- Deprecated Stripe connect - @luisramos0 did some voluntary contributions to prepare. A good one for @apricot12 to pick up now
- OFN Styleguide: @jibees needs input from @Matt-Yorkley on Tailwind.
- Tax Report (@lin_d_hop + @Matt-Yorkley) @Matt-Yorkley ready to start on this. @lin_d_hop to organise a kick off.
In-play - Funded pipe
Next step: DFC/OIDC Authentication – it’s working in dev! Couple of things to add before it can be tested on staging
In play - Contributor
- Translation on password changes (Missing translation key for expired token · Issue #5782 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub) worked on by Mathieu. Still in play
2. Next Up
Ready To Go
- Backoffice UI Uplift - Phase 1 - Paused due to too many priorities
Ready for Inception
There are plenty of potential solutions and the best technical approach needs to be found and will be explored after Adjustments is complete.
- Invoice number system (@Rachel + ?) - waiting for re-inception, but linked to history of invoice changes.
- Improved reporting - We need to think about a general technical approach for this. Tax reporting might be a good a time for this however the overall improved reporting project will be worked on after History of Invoice changes.
Old Issue Clean Up
To prevent things like the saga around this issue, we think it would be a good idea to do a clean up of old issues. Some of the more obsessively compulisve people in the product team are going to #gitcull2021. Specifically looking at issues from before 2019 (not commented on since then), issues that are not well specced or things that actually should go into wishlist.
A few chats are happening around the design contributors. It was pretty clear in the meeting we don’t have much need for research right now (due to capacity to deliver on research findings) but there is a gap on UI design. JB doesn’t feel that high fidelity UI designs would be a big advantage, more he needs UX and products answers. Having design support on the style guide and bringing a consistency across the app would be useful.
We are going to ask Susan on smaller UI issues and work to exploring her time being split between Ceres and OFN. Will be great to work with her more!
Student Team Contributors in CA
A question on Slack around having a team of students contributing to OFN from CA. There is a bit of a task to be done to find some suitable issues for them to work on. Certainly starting with Good First Issues is a good step. @lin_d_hop to continue liaising and gathering information before we can decide if this is possible.
August is coming and in the past it has happened that we did skipped some releases because of holidays. So far, it’s not looking like this will happen this year. Yet, everyone is kindly reminded to not forget to add their summer/winter holidays in the global calendar
Tuesday August 3rd, 6pm UTC