Delivery Circle meeting notes 13 July 2021

1. Current view of the roadmap

Finished since the last meeting

In play - Core Pipe

• Postgres upgrade - investigations ongoing
  • Refactoring Adjustments: @Matt-Yorkley - Prepping the next pieces of work with feedback from Canada. Estimated time ‘maybe a couple of weeks real time’.
  • Split Checkout page - Discourse Post here. Andy and JB are making good progress. @jibees is on leave this week and @apb is going to catch up and get them back in sync
  • Python upgrade made it’s way on things to pick up really soon
  • Deprecated Stripe connect - Aus team may have missed a few actives, still to do inactives
  • OFN Styleguide: devs have made a decision on framework (Tailwind), with reviewing that in a few months. @jibees has started the style-guide and will be picking this up again to do next chunk for product uplift

In-play - Funded pipe

API

Next step: DFC Authentication – kick off has happened and work has begun

In play - Contributor

2. Next Up

Ready To Go

Inception/Design

Ready for Inception

There are plenty of potential solutions and the best technical approach needs to be found and will be explored after Adjustments is complete.

• Invoice number system (@Rachel + ?) - waiting for re-inception, but linked to history of invoice changes.
  • Improved reporting - We need to think about a general technical approach for this. Tax reporting might be a good a time for this however the overall improved reporting project will be worked on after History of Invoice changes.

Backlog

Discussion

• #7170 - needs product input @lin_d_hop to do
  • Have moved History of Invoice changes in to Inception/Design. some concerns raised in long lead time and whether there is a risk of falling ‘off a cliff’ for things to dev to do. Options discussed include: keep the pipe of papercuts / S3s coming; pick up some of the medium / stone sized issues that are quite well specced and don’t need inception / design. Lynne raised concern with the latter of using up good ‘funded features’, also discussed using these to get better at doing and running to estimates etc
  • BitWarden - David to share Maikel, Kirsten now an owner as back-up. Pass task to new Gov/Mgmt circle re. bitwarden structure
  • Are we happy with this process?
    • Merging of product and delivery meetings is great
    • Meeting is easier if we go Board and then notes - that flow seems to work. Is it just because people aren’t sure what to do? (Yes for me today - Maikel)
    • Really like the discussion section
  • @maikel says that facilitating it makes it much more fun, @Kirsten echos that writing the notes makes you more engaged . .
  • Notes are SUPER-USEFUL for having these meetings in alternating time-zones, I (Kirsten) can just scan them and update anything I would have added (rare). Not to self, when I do that in future I will post into #delivery-train

NEXT MEETING:
Tuesday 20th July, 6pm UTC

Facilitation: @apb
Notes: ??