Delivery Circle meeting - February 14th 💘

Thanks @dcook for facilitating the meeting! :muscle: :pray:

Board

@dcook

• Webhook on order cycle open is on progress. Pretty though, and taking longer than expected.
  • Bump sidekick
  • Upgrading nodejs on managed servers (very old version used): we need to find a good solution upgrading node on those servers (and links with Ubuntu) ; we probably should use nodenv.
  • Raise an issue and we probably need to upgrade Ubuntu on instanced server. Maybe having a production docker ready is a good way (easier way) to improve this. Should we prioritize Upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver · Issue #157 · openfoodfoundation/ofn-install · GitHub ? But we do have the Rails7 and replace webpacker by the rails asset manager should be on top on tech debt column.

@maikel

• Made some progress on DFC. I can use the Connector to generate JSON. I will need another day to finish that off and then we have a pull request to test once the prototype works again.
  • We had a good vouchers kick-off and Gaetan and I can start work within the next days. There are still some tax implications to discuss (Kirsten and Lynne will talk to an accountant).
  • I ticked some small tech-debt off.
  • Background-reports are in review.

@Gaetan

@jibees

@abdellani

Discussion

Legal invoices

• Is the main question the following: What should make an invoice be re-calculated (related to the blocked s3 above)?
  • Maybe worth a big workshop to work together synchronously on that.
  • Should we introduce a button available for distributor “Generate an new invoice”; when do an order could have an invoice?
  • Have a data model stored in a way, and compare it?
  • Many questions raised.
2 Likes

Thanks for the notes :heart:

What should make an invoice be re-calculated (related to the blocked s3 above)?

The list is in the issue - refunds are missing and I need to add them - As an enterprise admin, I can print and send invoices on the edit order page · Issue #10725 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub

Maybe worth a big workshop to work together synchronously on that.

Errr franckly I would like to avoid that. It’s a nightmare to set up. It also makes me wonder about our processes. Why do we need everyone on this particular piece when we don’t do it for others, e.g. vouchers?

Should we introduce a button available for distributor “Generate an new invoice”; when do an order could have an invoice?

An order has an invoice if an admin decide to generate an invoice. The button was designed in the issue: As an enterprise admin, I can print and send invoices on the edit order page · Issue #10725 · openfoodfoundation/openfoodnetwork · GitHub

Many questions raised.

Can everyone list them here or in the slack channel?