Customers can be 'members', 'volunteers', 'staff' etc

@oeoeaio @RohanM @Kirsten @pmackay
I started having a wee look at this this morning. I added the tagging gem acts_as_taggable_on

It was straightforward, totally compatible with our framework. It’s super simple, you can create a tag on any model, whatever you want it to be. So I added a tag Member on customer and played around with it in the console. Tags are just strings, that are shared where possible. The tags themselves are stored in one table, the relationships in another. Objects can be taggers, and the tagger stored with the tag. You can specify tag sets within the model (eg Customer can be tagged “Member” or can have tag_list “Habits” containing tags like “Moustache twizler” or “nose picker”). So looks like a lot of flexibility that will likely be useful as we move forward.

So the tricky part of this will become designing the interface well. My thinkings are this is meant to fit in with Customer management for enterprises:

Sooo, since getting these tags and associated discounts for members is critical for UK launch, what are the next steps? I could work on developing and testing the functionality required for this, and the UI implemented after? The interface would need to be a combination of Member and a way to store the logic of the checkout discount… hrm…

How long until you guys expect to have the capacity to work on the Customer Accounts Interface for Enterprises?