Bulk and group buying - wishlist

Pricing:

I think no problem. I have tried to explain in attached file.

• Underlying Variant has price set by FC (post set-up in which Tim is helping)
  • once set-up is complete, and Tim’s permission to manage those producers is removed, the products won’t actually appear in Tim’s product list at all
  • BG can add it to order cycles, add fees to it etc
  • If BG want to set different price, stock level etc, it can do so through use of Variant Overrides. This is where you will manage your own ‘master inventory list’ for your buying group. and you can see the proposed improvements to this interface here

Pricing Options.pptx (140.7 KB)

Quantities:

We have looked into allowing non-integer quantities a couple of times and it’s really tricky, so very unlikely to happen unless someone coughs up lots of money.

It seems to me to be very kind of you to allow people to order in whatever fractional increment they like. I am a bit unconvinced as to how critical this is as it seems like for most items (e.g. the 1 item / 1 bottle etc) they can only order ‘1’, as 1.5 is meaningless. If you allow them to just order in 1kg or 2kg, but then you have the ability to adjust those into fractional amounts once you’re trying to balance things up (which you can do from bulk order management, and have the prices recalculate, see here). Is it that important on that many items that people can specify 2.3 as opposed to 2.4kg? and how likely is it that you would adjust it anyway to get the total amounts to work?

If it really is that critical then we might need to turn it into a feature request and scope out / cost it

ok, now on to the workflow issues

Workflow 1: making substitutions

Don’t think you’re missing anything. Sounds like this would be a requested new feature request to add the ability to add a variant to an order from bulk order management. We can create a wishlist page for it if you like and see how much other interest there is in it?

Workflow 2: Managing Unallocated Stock

See my query above and link to discussion on bulk coop - supplier totals report, which might make this one step easier (by working out the unallocated quantities of each product for you)

You are correct that members cannot currently edit their own completed orders, so yes it seems like another order cycle would be the best way to do this

1. I suspect you’d be best to use variant overrides to manage the unallocated stock - so you’d just go through and update the on hand levels for this hub

The order cycle cross-over shouldn’t be too much of a problem as they would both just appear in the dropdown at the top of the shopfront page and customer would need to select which one they want.

But we might have an inventory management problem, as both order cycles would read from the variant overrides. I’m going to spend tomorrow morning doing detailed spec on the variant override upgrade so I’ll work out how to manage this. Other option would be to actually just use a 2nd hub for ‘unallocated’ which would keep the inventory separate. You could still just pull off your reports for both and they’d combine nicely for your final packing sheets etc

I suspect that’s more than enough for you to chew on for tonight :smile: