Add https://www.polipay.co.nz/ as a payment option

What is the need / problem ?

New Zealand was one of the first countries in the world to introduce internet banking. It is fast - account to account with in the same bank is immediate and bank to bank is only a couple of hours. It is free -banks dont charge transaction fees on internet banking. The only possible downside is the need to leave an e-commerce site to login to one’s online banking, retyping the references again

Polipay can be integrated with the s-commerce site thus removing the need to leave the site to pay.

Pricing - For customers it’s free and using POLi will save you money on fees. Unlike credit cards or debit cards - POLi is free to use for customers. Simply follow the prompts when you go to pay for goods and services online. Easy!

Merchant Pricing

• 1% of the payment value, capped at $3.00 per transaction
  • No set up fees

A $10/month minimum account activity fee applies. This means your monthly invoice will be either the sum of your POLi transaction fees for that month, or $10.00, whichever is greater.

Who does it impact ?

Advantages for all NZ and AUS customers and admins

What is the current impact of the problem ?

No problem, just a feature request

What is the benefit of focusing on this ?

Adds an extra cheap payment method to OFN-NZ and OFN-AUS

Potential solutions that will solve the problem ?

n/a

Selection of a feature candidate

[value x ease matric if needed]

T-shirt size of our selected feature candidate

Metrics to measure if need is satisfied after feature is implemented

Feature owners

Epic/project where you can follow implementation

Connected wishlist and discovery discussions*

[list precedent discussions]

i’m not against this idea (at all!) but I think we will struggle to get it prioritised as it only would benefit us! It’s not something anyone has actually asked me for here

I get that, internet banking is very popular here, probably more so than everywhere else. Still I saw a request for quite a few others so if the process is the same then maybe they could all be given a bit of priority?

Migrated to Wishlist board: Add https://www.polipay.co.nz/ as a payment option · Issue #90 · openfoodfoundation/wishlist · GitHub