We all have our routines after new deployments, but I am wondering if I am not missing something in my own ones, so I decided to start a post to share best practices regarding this topic.
Of course it depends on what you are deploying and how you are doing it, but I will choose the case of the Global Team deployments, as it is the one I know the best and the practices for other approaches would be very similar.
I will post my own routine, and then we can discuss about it and improve it. I will at the end synthetize the discussion into a specific wiki on ofn-install projects if it sounds good to you.
- Check general process from #devops-notifications channel
- Look at Ansible execution info
- Check there is no new bug
- Check bug trackers
- Be sure on Bugsnag that existing bugs are not increasing
- Check performances
- Take a look at Datadog dashboards
- Unsual behaviors: https://app.datadoghq.com/watchdog
- Metrics: https://app.datadoghq.com/dash/integration/1/system-metrics?from_ts=1599106501689&live=true&to_ts=1599120901689