Hub's suppliers can prepare the invidual orders for the hub's customers

Alright so I’ve added a call in the agenda on Monday March the second at 10pm CET to chat on this topic.

In particular I would like to go through three topics:

1. From your feedbacks @Kirsten and @tschumilas I conclude that we need to be able to let the Hub choose whether or not he wants to share this info with their suppliers.
    The first place to do this that comes into my mind would be to create a new enterprise permission:

Which would be called something like “To see customers names in reports”.

However, and this has been mentioned earlier in this conversation by @lin_d_hop and @MyriamBoure , it would be cleaner if the buyer is aware a hub can do that.
The ToS of the hub should mention this (of course we could argue that no one reads them, but it is I think a minimal requirement).

So I wonder if Hubs can ask their customers to validate their own terms and conditions isn’t a pre-requisite here.

Ideally, if a manager checks this new permision checkbox, we could display a message encouraging him to add this info to their ToC / ToS.

Also, I wonder if this solve this need or not. Especially: do we have the case where we want suppliers to prepare individual orders but the hub does not want them to contact the buyers?

I believe this can happen in France, but this is not a priority right now, so I would leave it for later. But this needs to be validated by the community.

1. Second topic: the customer name and emails within the notify producer emails. I don’t think this is necessary if the reports are working, but let’s talk about it!

2. The consequence of enabling producer to see customers details, is that they will start packing, and then hit the same packing problems the hubs have currently when they need info that are not in the packing report So I see an increase in support time after we release this. On my side I won’t have only one person asking for stuff, but probably 20 per hubs :scream_cat:
    So I think I would like to discuss the idea of coming up with a user guide section on “How to pack orders”, with the current OFN set up. I believe this would help us to settle the ground for Hub can easily generate accurate packing slips or at least gives me a better view on how other instances are helping hubs to do that currently. As a support person, this is a pressing need, but maybe I have been advising my users wrong.
    So in short my conclusion is: improving the packing reports is out of scope here, but I’m afraid that improving our documentation on how to use the reports to pack is not, given that after releasing this even more people will start to do packing.

1 Like