Alright, so I need some feedback before going further into this inception. In particular, after reading several times all the discussions, I 'm a bit unsure of the scope here
- The need is to be able to prepare the individual orders so anything that helps supplier to know how much has been ordered this week is I think out of scope, and belonging to => Inception session: delivery note
Do we agree?
- About customers name and email : I’ve asked some of our hubs about this and they agree that for some cases, they don’t want the supplier to know the name and email. Not because of data privacy but because they don’t want the supplier to be able to contact their customer. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
So I ended up asking myself why suppliers would need to have the customer names? Is it only in order to know that the customer ordered several times during the OC or that the buyer is a recurring customer?
Because if this is the case, I would like to propose something different: assign a number to the buyer and display it inside the reports. This number would be always the same for the buyer of a particular enterprise.
The hub has a list of buyers with their associated numbers. The suppliers then pack products per number and not Name/firstname/email.
The suppliers I asked about this agreed that they don’t need customers name and email: the number would do the job for them.
But maybe people I have interviewed have biases so I really would love to hear about others on why the customers names and emails should be important for the suppliers. Thank you in advance
Also note that I’m proposing this because in the (French?) invoicing system a buyer should always have the same number associated to him. The number should start with the buyer number and end with something unique to the order.
So we will end up creating this number at some point, whereas having to implement a privacy / permissions feature is something additional, and maybe just for this case?
- While working on this I have been constantly draw to Hub can easily generate accurate packing slips
So I’m having scope issues. I’m thinking that if we manage to get a packing sheet for hubs, isn’t the supplier packing sheet just a sub-permission?
So I’m a bit unclear of the scope here.
As a side note, here is all the problems I have seen in our current reports that prevent to really be able to cross read and compare info from the Orders page vs. the reports but also when comparing reports:
- No reports are showing the order date. So there is no way to find the same order list shown in the order page on a report.
- When matching product data across reports, you need to merge Producer & Product name & Variant. But variant names are not displayed equally through all reports. See the excellent work @tschumilas has been doing to follow up the problem here: https://openfoodnetwork.slack.com/archives/CG7NJ966B/p1572299037088400 This means that you cannot match the data coming from the report
pack_by_supplierand the report