What to do with backorders and on-demand after Spree got rid of on-demand?

I can’t think of any users here who do backorders @tschumilas . I think at most we might have a user who would give someone priority the next week if they missed out this week. But yes, I suppose they would need to contact the customer to let them know if/when the stock may be available.

@tschumilas operational implication = no modification as what you do today, we just rephrase to “can be ordered beyond stock” and the customer can order, the hub manager instead of seeing “0” and checkbox “on demand” see “-10” for instance if ordered beyond stock and can either reconcile if she manages stock within OFN, when she gets the products from the supplier or ignor as she does today when there is “0”…

For me on customer side there is no modification whatsoever @sstead… but maybe I don’t get your point :wink: I don’t think of a hub that woudl allow backorder if they are not able to fulfil the demand. And if they have supply issue they will do jhust as they do today when they sell on demand and have a supply issue…

I agree with you Myriam. I was refering to the unlikely case that someone uses the new tool for actual ‘backorders’ instead of ‘on demand’. If they chose to do this, they would need to manage the ‘back orders’ themselves- OFN won’t treat these orders any differently to how ‘on demand’ items are currently treated.

I think we sorted out this topic well in the upgrade to spree 2.
We just dont allow backorders in OFN.
What is still remaining is tech debt, we need to remove all the Spree code that allows/supports backorders. We probably need to create a new discourse threead or simply a tech debt issue in github for it.
I am moving this topic to category tech wishlist.