Tagging Shipping Methods and Payment Methods to OrderCycles

Looks good to me. If we were implementing this, I would love to slide in a UX tweak somehow that enabled default and/or one-click ‘select all’ with consistent behaviour across the product, delivery and payment dropdowns.

Should ‘delivery details’ be ‘Shipping’ or is confusing with pick up / delivery

When the customer specifies shipping/delivery details, it is done under Shipping Methods in the Dashboard. Naming should probably be consistent in both places.

would love to be able to change ‘shipping methods’ to ‘pickup/delivery’ or something. I know on OFN-CAN almost no actual ‘shipping’ of goods is done. Partly this is because we can’t do it and be legally compliant (can’t apply correct tax to shipping), but partly its the nature of ‘last mile’ in short chains, we tend to call it ‘delivery’ vs ‘shipping’ (the latter implies a contracted carrier…) But we’ve never been able to change that because I think it was a spree-given thing - right? Can have it translatable now that we’ve left Spree behind?

If it wasn’t translatable it would say the English version in all the instances :wink:
You have the power @tschumilas

seriously? I thought I tried to do this previously and failed : change ‘shipping methods’ on the profile screen to ‘Pickup/Delivery’. Hmmm - love to know I have power.

I love the look of this.

Not sure if this is the right place to add it but users in UK often get confused between the text in the order cycle name (which is not visible to customers and is admin only) and the text in the ‘Ready for’ box. If page 3 of OC’s gets a revamp could there be a minor tweak (addition):

Default- OC name is replicated in ‘Ready for’ field.
I envisage this will be most helpful for those with periodic OCs. They can call the OC ‘Fri 27th Nov collection’ which is probably the same text they want customers to see.

With an option for users to over write this default.
I envisage this will be more helpful to those with continuously open OC who might name an OC ‘2020 orders’ and then have Ready for = ‘Collection in two days after ordering’

1 Like

Oh yeah for sure a select all/deselect all should be available. Especially when we have OFN users that might have up to 10 checkboxes in one or both of these delivery/payment methods sections.

@lbwright22 I reckon it’s worth logging this as a separate issue. We’ve discussed exactly what you describe above in the Aus team (@chez) - re Default OC name being replicated in the Ready For field - and have it prioritised as something we’d like to push through.

@EmilyRogers @lbwright22 - did either of you create a wishlist item re: mirroring order cycle name and ‘ready for’ name. I’d like to comment (it would be problematic for OFN-CAN users if we did this…)

Can we hope that this nice feature will soon be implemented in the software ?

2 Likes

We hope so!
This is a feature that we could potentially deliver once we crowdfund the amount we need.
As a global community we seek to raise 4,500 euros to deliver this.

@nicotentin would you like me to let you know if/when this crowdfunding option becomes available?

1 Like

Yes, please, let me know.

This is now available for pledges here:

https://www.openfoodnetwork.org/fundedfeatures1/

and the connected issue to the wishlist repository:

@lin_d_hop I’m closing the discussion here because it has a lot of history - not all of which is interesting now that the feature is well scoped. If people have dedicated questions to the funded feature process, maybe we can open a new discussion? Feel free to reopen this one otherwise.

3 Likes