SPIKE: Bancontact payment method and new French payment method

@paco and @luisramos0 had a look at Limonetik and Ingenico tech solutions.

You can find the complete findings here:

Main conclusions:
A. Adding one of those two gateways is expensive: we are looking at at least 2 weeks FTE for a dev (maybe a little bit less for Ingenico). This estimate does not include testing, product and maintenance.
B. The choice between Limonetik and Ingenico remains a product / business decision (which solution will be cheaper for the hubs?)

I believe this closes the 2 spikes we had prioritized at the gathering : Global Gathering 2019 - Day 8 - Pipe Prioritisation - DEV PIPE

I will move this out of the inception category and to the done cathegory (I will edit the title to reflect the spike aspect).

I will create a voting candidate for Bancontact (I just realized we might have mixed the spike and the work here).

In the next voting round, we will see if one of the needs (Bancontact, cheaper solution for hubs, split payments…) will make it to the top.
If yes, we will need to make the decision whether or not we take the opportunity to add another gateway in order to meet that need, given the type of work needed.

If someone disagrees with these conclusions, please shout :slight_smile:

2 Likes