Rethinking Toggl projects to get better insights

I still think there might be cases where we need to track separately, but open to making a proposal if/when that arises and discussing it then

NB. I track my time, loosely but still do it, even when it is in the range of ‘not really paid or maybe paid for some bits etc’ primarily because work / life balance is a big challenge for me. I have a ‘goal’ number of hours ‘working’, mostly at computer, and am working towards being more effective with this time (20ish hours) and not letting it creep too much

I also see there might the need to not only categorize the time tracking entries by area (devops, testing, etc.) but also by feature/project as well. Given that we use Toggl’s projects for the former the only way I see is through tags @Kirsten. And if we have this need from from time to time, it makes sense as a tag as it’s something that doesn’t standout as much as the project.

@sauloperez now that @filipefurtado will be paid, he will need to track his hours on toggl.

Do I need to continue tracking my time on testing? If not, consider removing my account: I think we are paying per account.

If one day we need to do some reporting, I would still have the data from my personal Toggl account where I track my OFN time on it.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up @Rachel :slight_smile:
I have been tracking my testing time this month, so I guess it can be added to the OFN-Toggl account - in case you choose to add me @sauloperez - or I can report it monthly or weekly, depending on the logistics. Either way is fine by me.

Done! Filipe is in Toggl already.