OFN Community Pledge - v1.0 - 1 June 2017

On behalf of Open Food Network Canada - a regional OFN instance (affiliate)

I commit to take care of the Commons and deploy it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.
Theresa Schumilas - info at openfoodnetwork.ca or tschumilas at gmail.com
No one else here to ping yet unfortunately :sunny:

1 Like

On behalf of MobileAppCorp LLC, dba FarmFreshWeb.com, asn an Associate as described above

We commit to the Pledge described above and to the statement below:

Jim Veilleux
President
jveilleux@farmfreshweb.com (may not be operational as of this writing)
jveilleux@outlook.com

1 Like

On behalf of Open Food Network U.K. Community Interest Company I commit to us becoming an OFN Affiliate and to take care of the Commons and deploy it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our official contact email address is hello@openfoodnetwork.org.uk

Official (accepted by community) Nick Weir, Communications Manager for OFN UK

Ping @lin_d_hop @Sara @SineadFenton @Ewan @mags

1 Like

On behalf of Open Food Foundation Inc, also Trading as Open Food Network Australia, I commit to us becoming an OFN Affiliate and to taking care of the Commons and deploying it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our official contact email address is admin@openfoodfoundation.org

Official (accepted by community) Kirsten Larsen, Director and Co-Founder
ping: @serenity @danielle @sstead @oeoeaio @RohanM @maikel @simoneluijckx
@Joel @robert @alisonkellyconsultin

3 Likes

I Robert Pekin, and Food Connect as a Contributor, User and Affiliate

I commit to take care of the Commons and deploy it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

As I/we use the Open Food Network Commons to make my/our own business thrive, I/we commit to give back to the OFN community and contribute to the Commons, either with time or money, in a transparent way.

On behalf of the Food Connect Foundation I commit to consider the Open Food Network as a Commons that I’m part of developing and making thrive. I commit to propose constructive solutions to issues I might face on my experience with the Open Food Network. We are all crew in the Open Food Network Ship, there are no passengers, so I commit to be part of the crew and contribute with my skills, time, money and/or ideas, as much as I can given my personal circumstances.

My email is robert@foodconnect.com.au and our official email is info@foodconnect.com.au

ping: @serenity @Kirsten @NickWeir @sstead @ RohanM @Joel @alisonkellyconsultin

On behalf of the association Open Food France, I commit to us becoming an OFN Affiliate and to taking care of the Commons and deploying it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our official contact email address is info@openfoodfrance.org

Official (accepted by community) Myriam Bouré, co-founder and member of the collegial management board
ping: @paco @pierredelacroix @Rachel @gnollet @blancnic and all the other French contributors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On behalf of Altifrem - Open Food Network Scandinavia, I commit to our becoming an OFN Affiliate and to taking care of the Commons and deploying it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Official (accepted by community) Cynthia Reynolds co-founder
ping: @sigmundpetersen

3 Likes

On behalf of Katuma, I commit to our becoming an OFN Affiliate and to taking care of the Commons and deploying it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our official contact email address is info@katuma.org

Provisional (in the process to join the community) Enrico Stano, co-founder

ping: @sauloperez, @sseerrggii

3 Likes

On behalf of Oxfam-Magasins du monde I commit to us becoming an OFN Affiliate and to take care of the Commons and deploy it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our official contact email address is openfoodnetwork@mdmoxfam.be

Official (accepted by community) Théodore Gallez, co-founder of the Belgian instance.

Ping Pierre Santacatterina and @NickWeir signatory of MOU and all the Belgian contributors

4 Likes

Better late than never! On behalf of Open Food Network USA, currently a project of the Social Good Fund, a 501©(3) public benefit nonprofit corporation, I commit to our becoming an OFN Affiliate and to taking care of the Commons and deploying it to support local food systems and rebuilding strong, healthy connections between producers and consumers while caring for and honoring our environment and all past, present, and future generations of people.

Our email address is hello-usa@openfoodnetwork.net.

Ping @MSFutureFarm @KatTheFarmer

4 Likes

On behalf of the Steering Committee of the Open Food Network South Africa, I commit to our becoming an OFN Affiliate and to deploy the OFN as an enabler for all South African communities, food producers and food enterprises. I further commit to care for the Commons in supporting the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting all producers and consumers locally, whilst at all times consciously honoring and stewarding our natural resources and environment in the most ecologically friendly and sustainable manner possible.

Our official email address is info@openfoodnetwork.org.za and I can also be reached at bevan.thrive@gmail.com

Ping @NickWeir | Francois (Africa Conservation Trust) | Paula (KanDu) | Peet (Optimal Health Network)

2 Likes

On behalf of Open Food Network Italian Community Interest Company I commit to us becoming an OFN Affiliate and to take care of the Commons and deploy it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our organizzation is under creation for this phase the official email address is giovannini.davidjose@gmail.com

ping @NickWeir

3 Likes

Dear Open Food Network Commons Members,

Oikos - Cooperação e Desenvolvolvimento is a Non-profit Organization running SmartFarmer, as a Social Business to enable a more direct, fair and transparent relation between food producers and consumers (both household families and Business). In my capacity of President of the Board of Directors and legal representative, I would like to request the formal Associate status (as defined in the Open Food Network pledge of 1st June 2017 here ) to make our social business thrive. Oikos/SmartFarmer commits to support the OFN community with a first donation of 2500€ so that Oikos can receive the community support in setting up our instance. We also commit to continue contributing to the OFN Commons, with time and/or money, in a transparent way to be agreed in the future, and depending on our capacity.

SmartFarmer’s social business is an initiative of Oikos, an NGO that shares the Open Food Network main values, such as:

• Promoting Global Commons;
  • Relationships based on a common belief and social relation with food;
  • Supporting farmers towards a regenerative forms of agriculture, that (re)build resilient natural systems, taking into account the soil, air, water and biodiversity of our planet; Transparency, both for the relation with partners and stakeholders and across the food supply chain;
  • Empowerment of farmers and consumers to promote a fairer and sustainable food system;
  • Subsidiarity as an approach to problem solving;
  • People’s first approach, because we believe that care and empathy for each other are foundation steps to a more inclusive food system;
  • Constant Evolution as our evolving world and sustainability crisis, requires constant adaptation;
  • Systemic Change, as we believe in a global transition that addresses the root cause of current ills, not its symptoms.

João José Fernandes
President of the Board of Directors,
Oikos - Cooperação e Desenvolvimento
jjfernandes at oikos dot pt

2 Likes

Hi
I’m signing up to the Pledge on behalf of the New Zealand instance we are currently setting up. I am working on establishing the governance body as soon as possible. It will consist of fellow producers and anyone interested in furthering the goals of OFN.

We will contribute finances and time to support the OFN Commons as resources permit.

Once we have our instance up and running we will have an OFN email, until then please use rory at permakai dot nz for any comments and questions.
Thanks
Rory
ping @gary @Cultivate_Bailey

1 Like

Hi Rory, @Permakai and @gary
All joined up here and willing to support your pledge above and enable the platform to benefits consumers and producers in Christchurch/Canterbury (NZ).
Cheers!

Thanks, Have added you to the NZ pledge signing

On behalf of Basal Initiatives § Ltd., I (satya@basalinitiaves.com) @satya commit to our becoming an OFN India Affiliate and to taking care of the Commons and deploying it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.

Our official contact email address is info@basalinitiatives.com

Provisional (in the process to join the community OFN India) Satya Sarathy Sahoo, Co-Founder & Director

1 Like

On behave of Abukem - Openfooodnetwork Nigeria, I commit to us becoming an OFN Affiliate and to take care of the Commons and deploy it as an enabler to support the emergence of a variety of food hubs reconnecting producers and consumers locally.
Our official contact email address is
aukemng@gmail.com

Official (accepted by community)
jimoh Abdullahi Olalekan , Co-founder and CTO ABUKEM INTERNATIONAL COMPANY

1 Like

Sent: 16 September 2019 15:55
To: hello@openfoodnetwork.org; nick@openfoodnetwork.org.uk; Danielle; Thomaz Neves
Subject: OFN in Brazil

Dear OFN community,

The REDE de Intecâmbio de Tecnologias Alternativas is glad to announce its interest to collaborate with the development of the Open Food Network (OFN) in Brazil, in the condition of affiliate, among the other OFN members. REDE is an civil society organisation that has been promoting agroecology initiatives in the Minas Gerais region and around Brazil since the 1980’s. Its current projects are been developed in Belo Horizonte’s metropolitan area (RMBH) and the east side of Minas Gerais.

We believe that supporting the development of a local OFN instance adds to the social construction of food markets and strengthens the local food chain. We also highlight the importance of building this tool with an Open Source license.

REDE ’s support to the development of a local OFN instance is made possible by the ECOFORTE project, funded by BNDES (National Bank of Social and Economic Development), Fundação Banco do Brasil , and entitled: “ Agriculturas na Metropolitana: Construindo o Conhecimento Agroecológico ”. The whole scope of ECOFORTE project will be executed by march 2021, aiming at the strengthening of an agroecology network in the RMBH area. The brazilian OFN instance integrates a group of initiatives in the project called ’social construction of markets’, in the effort to bring together producers and consumers.

In practice, our support will enable the OFN instance implementation (development and front page design), in partnership with Thomaz Lanna, Rafael Braz (who introduced us to the OFN project) and all the other participating members in the Brazilian OFN community. REDE will also fund, for around 12 months, the necessary server costs to run the platform, and also training sessions for the first roll of users. Moreover, we are ready to promote the platform to partner organisations that are working with agroecology, to groups of producers (urban and rural) and discuss strategies to keep our OFN instance economically sustainable after the end of the ECOFORTE project. Thus, we are aware of the conditions and we sign this pledge.

Best regards,
Lorena

3 Likes