Multilingual instances

Thanks @maikel! Really appreciate you changing tasks so we can get this rolled on a bit;.

UK will be able to contribute some of this cost but this is a project that needs to be co-budgeted. I have set up a bucket on cobudget for us to start filling:
http://cobudget.co/#/buckets/809

So once this is filled we can ask the devs to add this to the pipeline. Cough up your $$$ people :smiley:

1 Like

We are still awaiting funding, have been coasting on private donations so far… (hoping for good news in december) but will put in what we can for now in the bucket.
@tschumilas any chance Canada wants to pitch in?

For sure eventually Canada needs to be a multilingual instance. Unfortunately right now we don’t have any funding. And frankly, importing csv files would be a priority for us right now (we don’t have money for that either.) BUT - we are also are busy writing proposals and trying to do fundraising. So I’d like to stay in this loop and if we can support this we would.

1 Like

Slovenian instance really have to be multilangual. For now we have problem setting up Slovenian translation (also because file on transifex does not include all strings).
I am trying to get some founding, but have to be patient.

1 Like

@tschumilas we have a channel to discuss the multilingual needs on Slack, any chance you can sign up there to follow the discussion? I realize that Canada does not have funding at the moment to contribute, but it would be great to have your input in other ways :wink:

BTW, Slack is very user friendly, do not worry about having to learn a whole new tech :wink: I sent you an invite by email

ping @lin_d_hop

1 Like

For the “Spain” instance we’ll need this too: Castellano & Catalan just to start.

1 Like

For Belgium this is also essential. I’ll try to help there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Please can we all comment on the above. Do the above fields need translations within an instance?
@NickWeir could you confirm with our funding user on this?

We’re starting work on this in the coming weeks!