How to offer Mangopay as a payment method to hubs? [Split Payments]

Yes there are some UK hubs (especially those which used to be Food Assemblies) who would like to have split payments

My opinion on this now is that split payments could be handled better by integrations than inside OFN.

I had a call last week again with MangoPay as we have a big issue in France, we loose lots of potential users because we don’t have a split payment solution. I investigated if we could have that “outside” of OFN, thought the same as you @lin_d_hop.
Wigh Mangopay it’s not possible to not integrate within our platform from what I understand. As the flows of money needs to be mapped. In our case the mapping would be basically that product price go to producers e-wallet, and that from producers e-wallet then a % goes to hub manager. But there are probably various mapping cases depending on how the food hub works. So this integration will definitely be complex in our case. We can hav a model where every hub subscribe with Mangopay and have their own mapping but our integration needs to allow that in that case…

I also investigated escrow services… like escrow.com, to try to find a solution for our pontential users that we are missing / losing. But apparently Escrow services doesn’t handle very well the multi-vendor dispatch, and also they are more costly like 3;5%…

The legal problem in France is that (and actually it is in DSP2 so probably concern all EU countries…) a hub cannot sell services to a producer including “collection on behalf of third party” as one need to be a “banking institution” (have some specific authorization / agreement) to be able to provide and sell that service.
So either a hub buys and sell (which in France is problematic for lots of hubs as it is much more costly in terms of taxes, and much more sanitary regulations, the responsability of the products is on the hub and not the producer so if problem with cold chain for instance it’s hub responsability, etc.) SO it is a no go for lots of hubs if they can’t be “business providers” for producers instead of “buyer-sellers”…

If you think it’s doable with external integration @lin_d_hop I’ll be curious to know how you concretely see that working.