Display price per unit on variants

New videos for Unit prices work!

These are ready for wider community feedback :raised_hands::tada:

However I’d like to try at have particular, directed feedback in the form of question/problem statements if possible. Not to sound rude, but unless opinions on colour, size shape, placement have either:

1. a technical reason to reconsider
  2. a proven and demonstrable accessibility/usability reason to reconsider e.g. any grey text that is not #555555 hex colour or above on a white background does not meet minimum WCAG AAA accessibility requirements.
  3. a core brand and communication reason to reconsider

I’m more inclined to consider opinions/preferences. I design based off of usability rules, technical rules etc. and very rarely on ‘what looks nice’ (though I believe the most usable thing is the most beautiful :nerd_face:) . I leave beautiful for the artists!

So, the kinds of questions I’d love to have you think about as you form feedback are:

1. From your specific instance/job function context, what worries you most about the unit price for shoppers?
    e.g. We think bulk, large quantity shoppers might get confused between the item price and unit price

2. From the point of view of producers using the back office, what will be the most difficult thing about unit prices in product listings.
    e.g. Customer support may find that they are concerned with how back office users see the non-editable unit price field

3. From the point of view of a back office user and a shopper, how clear do we think the directions are for unit price? Do the tool-tip texts explain clearly? does text near input fields help users to understand?

I’m really interested in hearing from:

• Backoffice novices
  • Backoffice experienced
  • Instance managers
  • Customer Support
  • Shoppers
  • The above but from non-english speaking places!

Videos

Overview and Unit price of item pack of 2: https://www.loom.com/share/06ce7a07f34c495d8848085d3055e04d

Single flavour item Quiches and pack of 5 example:

Weight (g) to (kg) example:

Weight (g) & (kg) but added as their own products and not variants example:

Inventory:

Shopper product list:

Cart pop-out and edit cart and payment screen:

Design file to navigate and zoom in/out on

I’ll give this at first, 1 week for feedback collection and then group any similar responses for consideration. If 1 week is too short, we can extend but just so folks have some ideas of boundaries.

I’m gonna wait until after 1 week to respond to any direct questions, queries to give it some ‘breathing space’

3 Likes