Confirmation emails, registration flow

From my understanding, this is the current process which is in place, but we have an issue connected to the fact that only users who need to access the backend today have their email verified, whereas we need ALL users creating an account (also shoppers) to have their email verified if we want to be able to “match” their email to an existing list of customer for example in the case of the private shop feature.
The all process when we think about the different cases is a bit complex I think…

SO I have started a first attempt to sum up all the discussions / bugs on community / github (was a bit messy :-o), here is the document I came up with : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TVA37GUfFxvBzqecL2919oAW18oOiesnutcZ-5Ixw9E/edit?usp=sharing

Ping @danielle @maikel @Kirsten and I guess we’ll need a bit of a broader approval then as it impacts pretty deeply all the instances and the hubs, I think it’s great if we get approval on how we are going to set this up by the functional people before getting into the technical implementation…
Every instance will need also to “consult” and communicate with the hubs about the changes… the customer list can be a pretty “touchy” topic.