Co-budget Trial - starting now til 12 July

Actually @Kirsten @NickWeir it doesn’t seem you can retrieve an archived bucket, you have to recreate a new one basically, but not sure there is a problem with it?
The only thing is that regarding history tracking we will keep those “fake” buckets in the history… I guess if we ask the co-budget team we can find a way to hard-delete them… is it @serenity who is in touch with them?
I can ask Francesca from OuiShare esle, she is our cobudget steward :slight_smile:

Who should have access

About who should have access to co-budget, I would suggest that anyone active in the community should have access. Even if that would be possible I would suggest the group to be “public” (visible with the url) even if not everyone can do stuff, everyone could see.
In OuiShare as soon as someone becomes a connector he got access to co-budget. Even if he has no money to spend, but so that he can see what’s happening and start contributing whenever he wants/can.

Co-budget shared folder

I created a folder in the OFN global drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_HDFsX1e_2VNW5raXhQbUptNm8?usp=sharing

Co-budget stewardship tool

I took a big inspiration from the co-budget stewardship spreadsheet we use in OuiShare and created an OFN version here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nWik0nfIAeAQKGDSIm70ESx4VVnEw4o-AMQ3Fmz5Jic/edit?usp=sharing

You will find:

• in the first tab the list of people having access to Co-budget, with their balance (formula connected to the other 2 tab): here we can add all the people that need to be added to co-budget, and we can confirm they have been added by putting the date
  • in the second tab: all the money that goes into co-budget (revenues)
  • in the third bucket: all the money allocated to buckets (expenses)

##Taxonomy
Also I suggest we use some common taxonomy on how we name the buckets so that it doesn’t become a mess super quickly and so that we can use Co-budget with flexibility. So I suggest we start all bucket by some [CODE]:
[FEAT] = a feature we want to crowdfund
[CORE] = the core Commons buckets
[AU], [UK], [FR], [NO], [CAN] = local buckets if local instance want to use co-budget to manage local stuff

Stewardship process

We need a co-budget steward, who will be the contact point for anyone wanting to add money in a Co-budget account. This steward is in charge of:

• adding new people to co-budget upon request from instances
  • upload the csv to add money to some account upon request from co-budget users
  • keep track of the activity in the spreadsheet so that we can all know real time what is happening and what has happened in the past.

Does anyone would like to play that role? @Kirsten as you have started to, do you want to be the co-budget steward? Else I’m happy to volunteer for that but I’m already doing lots of stuff so great if other people want to take responsibilities :slight_smile:

For me, that role should be funded, included in the “community facilitation” core CC bucket, it’s on of the roles of community facilitation. So as suggested by @Kirsten I suggest this bucket is funded only when the three other core CC are funded (as we still have happy volunteers to do that for now :slight_smile: ).

For info I see some inconsistencies in the current set up, for example in the spreadsheet Lynne is set up to 0 and 4130 in co-budget.
Also for the community consciousness and clarity, I think it’s important to be precise for example if an individual gives money himself, or if he represents an entity (which is a big difference). And if the money is related to some OFN project or not.