Categories and Taxons - International Unification

I’m wondering if there is a need behind that feature thought, adding multiple taxons to a product? Can we have use cases where a hub would have a need that this feature answer?

Thanks @tschumilas and all. @MyriamBoure, in Theresa’s example, the CSA box appears under veggies too which makes a lot of sense and might sell more CSA boxes. Seems like a cool capability. I wonder how often it will come up?

One more question (til the next one): is what I call the taxonomy important?

In relation to other needs/issues, I don’t see the ability to more easily attach multiple categories to a product as very important. for me, its more important to get working sub-categories. Plus - eventhough its a pain - it is possible to attach 2 categories to a product if anyone really wants to do it. Right now - no one does it because they don’t know they can. We could just describe how to do it in the user guide - and not worry about it any more. Instead - lets look at getting subcategories working.

@lauriewayne1 from my understanding the name of the taxonomy is not important, just for you as a super admin AFAK

I’m wondering though about when the new mobile shops are launched, and the shop layout changes on desktop too. So - if I understand correctly - there will be some type of dropdown by category for searching - am i right? So - a user will choose - vegetables - and then see options for leafy greens, roots… Isn’t that what was decied in the mobile discussion? So - I know in Canada, our subcategories are a mess - and I can’t delete them - so I keep trying to rename things in ways that make sense. So - I’m just worried about how categories will work once we implement the mobile plan.