Bulk import of products

@aidan has offered to repeat the migration process he did for us in July - i still need to iron out the detail with him but it looks like Stroudco doesn’t need any more development work on a generic migration tool.

We were just having a discussion of this in US OFN, cc-ing @MikeiLL!

Hi All,

My first post on behalf of Stroudco. In addition to initial data migration, I would also really like to be able to upload bulk data on a regular basis. This would allow me to upload an entire catalogue from a supplier in cases where prices change every 3 months or so. In order to give this context, what I’m thinking of is offering our members the possibility to order anything from the entire catalogue of a regional wholesaler of organic products and to have this all delivered and sorted as part of the normal food hub activity. OFN’s flexible order cycle settings would be ideal to cater for the different order deadline. The simplest way initially, it would seem, is for the user to simply order the columns in the xls or csv file in such a way that it works for OFN and to populate all required fields accordingly.

All the best
Oliver

Yes! We need this as well with at least one of the potential OFN-US Pilot projects. I imagine that it wouldn’t be a terribly large endeavor to adapt Aiden’s code to accept csv or xls files and compose some cohesive documentation on the process.

Then eventually the web interface for assigning columns could be added.

Hi @MikeiLL
I’d like to start specing this and potentially working on it. I think the UK could part fund this development. Can any US groups contribute given that this is functionality you need?
Cheers,
Lynne

@lin_d_hop We are hoping to meet next week. I will share the suggestion with @eric, @Angie-US and the rest of our group and report back. Is @pmackay still involved with the UK group? He would be a good resource, of course.

It looks like we are close to getting things moving along with US staging server again here and will be looking into migration soon. Is this still something the UK is interested in collaborating on?

hi people - we’re having some discussion about doing this, so I’m going to clean this up a bit by closing this thread and moving into more of a ‘specification’ . .

@Kirsten I know this discussion is closed but can you tell me where is the spec you are talking about? We have some users that realllly need the bulk import of products from a csv file, they are trying to get some developers to help on that. Thanks!

Maybe this one @MyriamBoure?

1 Like