Bulk and group buying - wishlist

Hi @Kirsten,

As I mentioned in my email to you today, my current preference is to create a 0.1kg variant of products sold FC wholesale by the kg. This means that our co-op members would need to enter 23 qty so that they have ordered 2.3kg.

I don’t really want to do it this way because it will look strange to our members on our co-op OFN shopfront but I don’t see another option while OFN restricts quantity to be an integer not a decimal.

I would prefer to show a variant of 1 kg/1 item/1 bottle for every product. It would be far simpler for us to manage.

In the ideal world OFN would just calculate the per 1 kg/item price for me; ie BGs would not need to set up their own 1 item variant. Instead in the Order Cycle setup GUI I’d select the FC wholesale variant (eg 6 bottles of milk) and check a box called “display as 1 unit”. This would mean our shopfront would show 1 bottle of milk, whose price is the FC pack price divided by 6.

But the first most important step towards that goal would be allowing our members to add decimal amounts in the quantity field.

That would be the #1 enhancement to make OFN work for BGs that operate the way we do.

Tim