Bulk and group buying - wishlist

Hi @lisahill,

This will be my first community post :D.

Yes I was just wrestling with this same potential problem:

@Kirsten, this is exactly the conceptual difference in variants that I brought up yesterday. ie The three categories of variant might need to have different behaviour:

1. A buyer’s group “consumer” variant of a product
  2. VS a FC wholesale variant
  3. VS a FC retail variant.

But that all depends on whether pricing, and other attributes, are flexible enough to accommodate 1 single variant being handled in a multitude of ways.

For example if there is a variant of 1x jar, currently it would be possible to add this variant to a FC retail order cycle AND/OR a BG’s order cycle.

I think the “base” price (set up in Bulk Edit Product, probably by FC) should be FC’s wholesale price divided by 6.

But in my BG’s order cycle I would want to apply our x%, say 15%, markup to that base price.

• @Kirsten Is adding that 15% markup done by using the fees dropdown in the order cycle?
  • If yes, then another BG (or FC retail) would safely be able to add a 20% markup to that same “base” price. Which gives us the functionality we’re looking for I believe. @lisahill - does that work?
  • Again if yes, the complication in my eyes is that the prices shown on the “Bulk Edit Products” screen for BGs would not be the prices that the BG offers the products at. So there would be no “master inventory list” of variants that my BG offers, with details (price) correct from the perspective of my BG.

Apologies if there’s something in the workflow that I’ve missed or if I’m misunderstanding what the different screens are used for. I admit that I haven’t had time to read any of the documentation and I’m trying to learn by doing, to save time.

You’ll probably get an idea of whether or not OFN is intuitive to use for a BG admin if I continue following this “suck-it-and-see” approach!

Tim