'Tagging' for Products and Customers?

I have a case I’m not sure how to manage…
Farmer X has a farm shop and sells directly to individuals.
I’m running a buying group, and as I buy big quantities, he gives me the price he gives to shops (30% discount on the farm shop price).

Should he set up his inventories with the farm shop, and create its order cycle for the final customer?
And then in my buying group I override the products applying a 30% discount, and then I add my fees on it?
Or should he set up the inventories with the wholesaling price, and have a second “shop” hub where he overrides himself his products? So that he has two different “shops”, one for the BtoB clients, one for the BtoC?

I would say the second option is the more fluid, but it can be confusing to have two hubs for the same entity…

I don’t really see how the tags could manage that?
What I understand with the tags is that a clients who is a hub could be tagged 'BtoB" and then have access to the order cycle with the wholsaling price.
If tagged “BtoC” then he will have access only to the farm shop with the final consumer price.
But does it mean that the farmer has to create a variant for each of its product? Because you cannot override a price of a product for an order cycle only, can you?

I think I’m a bit confused… :wink: @Kirsten @sstead