New funded feature - customer feedback form

Hi @lin_d_hop. With regard to the coordination, etc., I’ve had one conversation with @Kirsten and she’s given us some direction. I think she’s also started a few topics on this issue of how to work together, coordinate, etc.

For the things that we think have common interest, we’re writing up specs and asking for feedback, but that’s strictly via this forum (discourse). If there’s another place to hash that out, I’m not aware of it.

The specific project we started with that we believe makes sense for the core code is a set of pages for selecting by distance from a customer-user’s location. I shared the current draft of those pages in that thread (Use Customer's geo-location to filter shops on arrival).

We got some responses from @Kirsten but haven’t seen any feedback from anyone else, so we’re moving forward as we spec’d out those pages. (Process issue here: I like the idea of coordinating, but can’t wait an indefinite period of time to go forward.)

I am aware of the cost of testing, etc. and we agreed with @Kirsten to pay for that for this first round of development. I need some experience with you all to understand what that’s going to cost as we develop more things. As a private business, I’m used to getting things done as inexpensively as possible - within quality parameters, of course.

This is my first experience working with and on an open source project so you’ll have to bear with my ignorance for a while. Also, I’d rather avoid creating a fork that goes off in its own direction, so I’m learning - but am not yet certain - how to accomplish that within our business goals.

Hope that helps. Here are answers to other of your questions:

Yes

It depends on the work. Yes, for things we think help the project as a whole. No, for things that are specific to our business plan.

I’m learning what those are and how they work so I can’t answer that right now.

Maybe. I’m not opposed to it at this point.