Global updates... where are we on our roadmaps?

@tschumilas I like the idea of gathering this data, I’m sure it would be useful. I had a look at the existing spreadsheet and thought the layout could be improved. I’ve created another sheet in the doc called Suggested New Layout, could you take a look and let me know what you think? I think we can have a single sheet that is updated quarterly, rather than a new sheet every quarter? If we can agree on a layout and what numbers we want to collect, we can then put clear instructions together for how an instance representative can extract the correct figures (we want to make sure the data is accurate).

Part 1 - Sales

• I think for this metric it makes sense to track it all on the one sheet, rather than having a new sheet every quarter. This way we’ll be able to calculate total sales across all instances and put in into a common currency. This figure is either from the Sales report, or downloading OC Customer Totals reports and adding together.

Part 2 - Number of Users

• Number of shops - Regarding the ‘Food Shops’ figure on the homepage, we find that the homepage counter can be misleading, because it captures anyone with a ‘shop’ profile, even if they haven’t actually started running order cycles yet. If we want to accurately report on the number of trading shops you need to look at Reports. Is this too much to ask of instances?

• Food Producers- I think we should make this ‘number of profiles’ in general. The homepage counter is only counting producer profiles, not hub profiles. I see this data as a proxy for engagement. It shows how many people are aware of OFN and have made the effort to sign up. It’s also somewhat of a pipeline of future users, as people with profiles are also potential shopfront users. Getting an instance’s ‘number of profiles’ figure required downloading a report and filtering out anyone who’s set to ‘invisible’- too hard?

• Customers and Orders - I’m happy that we use the homepage counter for this- easy! What if an instance has this feature switched off though?

Part 3 - Grants
Again rather than updating quarterly, maybe it makes more sense to just track total grants that instances have received, including value, donor and when it was given.

Part 4 - Contributors
How do we want to track this?

• One option is to record how many contributors are involved with an instance at any one time (original spreadsheet). If we go with this option, it’s just a point in time indicator. E.g. the OFN community is X people large.
  • Another option is to record the names of new contributors on a list each quarter. Then we can get a cumulative contributors figure- e.g. since 2015 over 250 people have contributed to their local OFN instance.
  • Do we want to record the type of contribution? Volunteer vs staff etc?

Is there anything else we want to record? Such as fees paid to OFN by users? Hard to get the balance of rich data and asking for too much of people’s time…

Note also there was a discussion of creating a Super Admin dashboard which would make it quicker and easier to extract reporting figures- Dashboard Proposal