Hubs can decide who accesses their private shop

listed
makeitgreat
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa95e6eed58> #<Tag:0x00007fa95e6eeb50>

What is the need / problem

As a hub manager I run a private shop. With the way the feature is designed today, all the people listed on my customer list can access my private shop.
If I want to remove the access to my private shop for a customer, today I have no way to do that: I can’t delete a customer from my customer list. I can’t either setup anywhere that he cannot see my shop.

Who does it impact

All private shop hubs (quite a lot)

What is the current impact of this problem

The hub manager cannot remove access to his private shop.

What is the benefit in focusing on this

Enable private shop hub manager to remove access to customers who previously had access.

Links to more details

An issue was opened in GH, we thought it was a bug but was just that the feature was not super well designed. So we propose to evaluate the feature candidates to answer that need and choose one before we implement the private shop v2 feature that allow removing access for customers.

Potential solutions that will solve this problem

• soft delete a customer from customer list. Should not affect previous records with that customers (orders basically), just remove the customer from view in the customer page, so the customer will not be able to buy again.
  • add a column in customer page called “private shop access” and a check box that enable to give/remove access. The access to the shop should be conditionned to this checkbox. Advantage is that the hub manager doesn’t loos the history of the relationship with the user, and can manage users who become active, inactive and then active again (like a buying group member who stop being a member for one year and join again).

It seems that the “delete customer” button is shown even if it will raise an error, right?

Today a user raised this issue and probably we should at least avoid showing the button if the action is not possible.

Could this be a small step improving the UX on that page? It sounds like a “low hanging fruit”, but we need to check.

Hum… we could but I would rather vote for investigating that time on working on the solution to make that possible. We might want to increase the priority of that somehow this year… if that’s possible. At least by May we have some obligation regarding data regulation (not really covered here but connected). Even in UX I think it’s better to have a button that is diaplsying an error message than no button, it shows at least our will to make that happen :face_with_raised_eyebrow: