During the next weeks many of us are on holiday:
- testers will be off, but not all at the same time - always one tester available
- next weeks @jibees is off, so only @maikel from the development team; JB will draft the upcoming release, Maikel will deploy it next week
What about the nasty downtimes on FR? This caused deployment issues too:
Should we put the downtime issues as a priority?
@paco working with Datadog to understand the issue
Maikel will attempt deployment in FR too; chances are, that traffic is slow during the deployment time
We’ll most likely have no additional releases during next weeks, especially if there are no user-facing changes
“Back to school” release should happen on September 1st
- Stripe Upgrade is in Test-Ready - it seems something was not OK with our test suite regarding - Maikel clarified this with the Stripe developers/support
- Filipe will work on specs related to bug #9153
- Avi (binarygit) is working nicely with @jibees
- AU production is live on Metabase → the query time was reduced to 10 seconds → maybe this can be done for other servers as well (@maikel)
- #9002 is next priority (@maikel) - email account change kills previous tagging
- acceptance differs throughout instances
- user feedback on Split-Checkout: we need more numbers to have a solid statistical base to drive our decisions → Matomo analytics need to be in place for this (what’s the best metric for this?)
- large consensus on the need for design improvements: need to hire designer? AU designer?
For now, the way forward is:
- to increase numbers on production testing when #8952 (concerns mostly US and CA) and #9165 are closed
- clarify the availability of AU designer (ping @Kirsten) or need to hire a designer to improve the split-checkout pages. This can hopefully happen without many changes to the backend code.