Creating Mobile App for OFN instance

OFN instance Need Mobile app

OFN user challenges

Both Android and iPhone (iOS) development are separate beasts. For example, if we create an Android app, we must rewrite it as a port to iPhone. All that hard work x2. It isn’t ideal, but we do what we have to do to work around the limitations imposed on what we can develop.

However, there is hope. There is a way to reuse 80% of our ofn application code for BOTH iOS and Android development. The strategy to do this is to write our app using web technologies: in JavaScript, then configure a WebView (a container for each instance ) in user native native phone app to render OFN Website instance(saving user preferences, dynamic content, graphics, etc…)

Primary Benefits:

• Works Offline. No internet connection is required for devices accessing the app, unless some of the app content depends on external data.
  • Initial Load Time. The app is loaded locally on the device, so theoretically, initial load time should be faster for OFN app.

Primary Drawbacks:

• Deploying updates. Any change to the app code for each instance, will be rolled out to the app store automatic where the app is hosted (and the change will be update to user devices).

• App size. The app size on playstore will be very small , since the distributed app already have it own sizw.

What is the need / problem ?

More is not needed , since I will handle the development, the ofn about we be needed to host the app into Google playstore,

Who does it impact ?

This development will impact all the OFN instance , the user will able to download the app on play store and experience ofn app render.

What is the benefit of focusing on this ?

Most user are very familiar with app on there phone than website, building mobile app for OFN will make user love to make use of OFN than to be bookmark ofn web page

Connected wishlist and discovery ]

When and who will be in charge of provide required information to build the app for OFN instance, each instance will provide there information since we are deploy the app for each instance which will be limit to there country.

I’m an experienced iOS native developer. Can I help in some thing? Thanks!