Outstanding Tax Requirements (Jan 2016)

Thank you @danielle for this answers, full of care and understanding :slight_smile: I love being part of this community!
What you propose sounds great, and of course we understand that the time of making the detailed estimate/planning of the works to do to solve the issue takes time, and I think @CynthiaReynolds and I understands that and will discuss how to finance this estimate (through a cobudget bucket that of course other communities can chip in as well) Thanks in advance for this small first step that will enable us to move forward on that point!

Just a complementary question @danielle , can this first quick estimate of estimate be done before the Spree upgrade is complete, or should we wait? I’ll try to find a workaround anyway for the first user that needs a functional VAT setup, but this user might be able to contributing in financing the functionality, so would be great to have just an idea on when we’ll be able to have that first estimate :slight_smile:

I’m not sure on the answer to this one @MyriamBoure, but I’ll be talking to @RohanM and @oeoeaio tomorrow (Friday) when we’re all in the office and will be back in touch once we’ve figured out a) who can do the estimate/work and b) whether the spree upgrade that @RohanM will continue working on tomorrow is a pre-requisite. Stay tuned, more detail to come :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We can definitely do the estimate of the estimate before the Spree upgrade is complete. Part of that process would be to check how the changes in Spree affect this work. They probably won’t solve the whole problem, but might help it along a little.

@danielle any news on the estimate of the estimate? It starts to become an pressing issue for us I’m afraid we start loosing important users if we don’t move foward on this quickly enough… So if we could launch quickly the roadmap work that would be great :slight_smile:

Hi there @MyriamBoure :slight_smile:

@oeoeaio is going to be putting this together alongside of the other full estimate that you emailed us about. He’s taking on an extra day of work each week (separate to the 3 he already has with the team) to do these estimates for you until we’ve got them done, and we’re pretty grateful that he’s willing to do this :smile:

So, I’ll leave him to get back to you on when he will have this estimated time required to design the solution and then determine how much time is required to build/test it. This week is busy because of a public holiday, he’s only doing 2 days this week but next week we should be on track to start sorting this out.

@oeoeaio if you could add your estimate for how long the solution design and build quote will take to this thread please, that would be wonderful. Ta!

One thing to note though @MyriamBoure - the AU team’s delivery pipeline is full until the end of the year, so any actual build work wouldn’t start until the new year. Not sure how this timing fits in with your need to have it built quickly. The standing orders work and Spree Upgrade (alongside of the general PR/support work we do) is taking up all of our time until we break for Christmas.

Thank you @danielle, and awesome @oeoeaio, thanks a lot! I hope it won’t be too late for our user, I’ll check with him, but I think we can find a workaround, maybe with a French developer, not to review the whole tax thing maybe but have a temporary solution for our user. Thanks again @oeoeaio and I’m happy to work with you an anything I can do :slight_smile:

1 Like