Make customer address and phone non compulsory info at checkout?

@enricostn yes this is the current behavior BUT today it’s stage 3 as 2 is “billing information”.

@sstead I got your point, I don’t think any instance use this zones thing today (as VAT management is not adapted to our needs) but for sure in the discussion we had about VAT overhaul and first spec we will need them.
I understand that in some cases the shipping option will be charged with the VAT of the “emission zone” and some other of the “reception zone” but this depend on the delivery address, not of the billing address I guess… I’m not sure, I guess we have to dive again in the VAT rules in the US, Canada, etc. So should we just postpone that for after the Spree upgrade is complete and we have deep dived into the VAT thing ?
I think the way we will use the “zones” will change quite a bit in the VAT overhaul so probably we’ll find another way around to make checkout more adapted to hubs’needs…
@enricostn can you confirm that the dirty solution @pierredelacroix had first found is too dangerous (risk to break things) and we should then just wait for now on that ?