Everything you need to know about the Open Food Network Community!

Welcome to the Open Food Network Community! We’ve set up this community space so you have easy access to the latest news and information about the Open Food Network, and can join in the conversation about how it can evolve. We’re really pleased to have you here!

How the community works

You’ll find some informations about the OFN community here. Don’t hesitate to introduce yourself here!
We have documented the way the community works, organize, cooperate in this OFN handbook. It is regularly updated, whereas the discussions on this forum can quickly be messy and overwhelming, so the handbook is designed to capture all the decisions and processes that have come out of discussions on this forum or on global gatherings, etc.

If you’re running your own OFN Instance

You’ll find everything you need to know to set up and administer your local instance of the OFN in the super-admin guide.

There is also a support section that lists out common problems or current known issues with the website, and there is where you can alert us of any bugs you experience that need to be fixed.

If a local OFN isn’t available where you live and you’re interested in setting it up, see how to start a new OFN local project here :slight_smile:

If you’re using the OFN as an Enterprise

You’ll find user guides here, to help you navigate through the process of setting and up using the website as a producer, a food hub, and a customer. And if you’d like to talk to other Enterprises or get help from the OFN team then post a topic and join in a conversation in the Enterprise category.

If you want to find out more or participate in the OFN development roadmap and pipeline

The roadmap and pipeline of work for the Open Food Network website is managed here amongst the community, so you can learn about how everything works now and also contribute to discussions and decisions around future development.

To give you a bit of insight into things, check out the Development category, to see what’s planned or currently in development. Or check out the Wishlist category for ideas on changes or new features for the site.

If you have a question or want to report a bug

You’ll find everything you need in the Support category, along with an explanation about how to report any bugs you find.

tl;dr

Check out the full list of categories used on the OFN community here. Choose the topic that best suits your needs. :smile:

1 Like

this needs an update - any chance someone could have a look at it and put some key links to places where people could start? e.g. one for potential international partner / new instance; one for user (support?); link to user guides on openfoodnetwork etc? just to help orient newbie?
@danielle @sstead @MyriamBoure @CynthiaReynolds ??

I can take care of that, I can try to do it as soon as possible, but not sure I’ll find the time before the 13th. If someone else is willing to do it, that’s aso fine of course :wink:

If no one has had a chance to update this I can do it tomorrow when I’m in. @Kirsten

Probably you already had changed things here @danielle… I made new small changes as well to add things I thought may be relevant here :smile: